Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rainy Day Painting



It's an awfully bleak day. Mist so thick you can barely see where you are going. Only the forest looks pretty in this weather, with it's little waterfalls and patches of thaw.

Luckily I have a project to keep me distracted most of the time; I'm in the final weeks of finishing up my children's book, which is set to be published in Spring as an ebook and an audio book. It's been a long journey with many long, long pauses, and it's hard to imagine it ever being finished. My biggest fan and cheerleader has been my husband, and now I fully understand why all those people dedicate books and awards to their husband or wife.

Today I got a kick out of realizing I was painting a rainbow trout while snacking on rainbow cookies, which I baked because my inner child was hungry. *smile*

Thanks so much for all your birthday wishes!

xoxo country girl

15 comments:

  1. Your trout is looking great, Dawn! I love seeing artists' works in progress. Nothing delights me more than a well loved paint box or a jar full of brushes. I'm so happy to see this update on your Kiki book and I'm excited for it to be published. Keep us posted on its progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like a great project to keep you distracted from the less-than-delightful weather... Excited to see the book coming together! Best of luck in these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy your writing, I hope you will pen a woman's book someday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're a wonderful artist! I look forward to your book coming out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see that you are painting along for your book.
    What a beautiful trout!
    And I love that you are having a rainbow cookie, how sweet! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your artwork, Dawn!! Congratulations on coming down the homestretch on your book!! Exciting news, honey!! Love the rainbow...painting & eating : ) Have a happy, artful day!!! Love and hugs, Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, the trout is GORGEOUS!! I may have to hire you to paint one for me!! Trout fishing is a big deal in CO!! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely! sounds like happy things are coming your way;)...... can't wait for the book!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. you sure can paint..you are very talented, my friend..you have a gift...it is just wonderful...so happy to see it...

    stay cozy and warm
    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so very talented - i love the delicacy to your work and the beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh beautiful watercolor work! love it. :) and i love how your cookie looks like the fish (in shape and color). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the trout painting and the cookies look so yummy. Looking forward to seeing your children's book. Always enjoy looking at your painting and photos. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Your rainbow trout is extra lovely! You're so smart to snack on rainbow cookies when your inner child is hungry. Best wishes upon the completion of your book. You'll send out your offering and children will smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous trout! I love it! And the rainbow cookie too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a talented artist you are. It never ceases to amaze me when people like you can put a brush to paper and create such beauty. xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails