Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Birthday Celebration


"Old age is not so bad when you consider the alternatives." -Maurice Chevalier

It's my Mother-in-law's birthday, and every year I make her favorite, my cheesecake with fresh berries and lemon sauce. This is the best cheesecake recipe in the world, especially combined with my sweet & tart lemon sauce. It's the birthday gift I am most asked to bring for friends and family.
We are giving her a colorful leather wallet (she's a colorful individual), wrapped with a fancy-shmancy rosette I made by folding strips of wrapping paper into little fans and then taping the pieces together. Cute and simple! 

5 comments:

  1. CUTE wrapping idea, COuntry Girl! I am forever trying to make presents look creatively wrapped. Did you just tape down the pinwheel to the gift box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Exactly. It was so simple, took about five minutes, and really made the gift look more special. Next time I'll use alternating wrapping paper designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks heavenly so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would be a nice design for 4th of July, right? but with a blueberry star instead of a red currant heart, and red currants in stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah wah...that's an incredible July 4th cake, besides birthday...Kiki looks soooo cute...I miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails